Monday, November 1, 2010

Nintendo Should Have Sponsored Us

IMG_1133e
Presenting the video game version of the Bradley family: Mom as the Invincibility Star, Dad as the 1-Up Mushroom, Liam as Mario, and Dash as Luigi.

IMG_1226e
Liam was the perfect Mario. Well, we'll call him Baby Mario since he's not a mustachioed child.

IMG_1232e
He tried real hard to sprout some whiskers but he just couldn't do it. He was so sad to disappoint.

IMG_1207e
Dash wasn't sure about being Luigi but we told him about all the cool things Luigi does.

IMG_1214e
And he was thrilled to be his doppelganger! Wall jumping, somersault jumps, rescuing princesses? Sign him up!

IMG_1246e
They sure are Super Brothers.

IMG_1142e
We had an awfully busy Halloween weekend (made worse by my insistence on taking a zillion pictures every five minutes), working around the boys' napping and eating schedules. Sheesh, it's hard to do stuff out of the house with babies!

IMG_1295e
On All Hallow's Eve, we went to the trunk-or-treat at church where everyone squealed over the boys' cuteness, thought Sean was Toad, and wondered what what in the world my costume was (to be fair, I didn't hold my arms out the whole time which makes it a tad difficult to tell I'm a star).

IMG_1261e
Then we headed out early to make the party at Sean's school. Turns out the party starts out with a talent show (with not a very baby-friendly noise level) so we thought we'd just wait out in the foyer area until intermission so Sean could show off his sons. Well, my friends, talent shows take a loooog time, so it was rather late by the time everyone came out. The boys were doing okay but I was rather cranky, heh heh. At least the boys enjoyed 15 minutes of fame as all the students (well, female students at least) swooned over Mario and Luigi. It's not every day they see something so adorable, after all. I was a proud mama.

IMG_1265e
Then to celebrate the day itself, we went to a friends little party full of cute little families dressed to the nines (Halloween style). While there, we discovered we were the longest married couple. Weird. Good thing we had some kids to show for it.

Upon returning home (after driving all over the greater western Houston area dropping off treats to ward members), we all collapsed in exhaustion from all the delightful Halloweeny activities. A couple of sugar crashes may have been involved for Sean and I.



Let's see some funny faces!

IMG_1287e
I'm getting a plotting dictator vibe from this face.

IMG_1274e
And Dash is channeling Daffy Duck.


Now, before we could be through with the Halloween festivities, we had to end it with...
IMG_1146e
...a Super Smash Brothers Brawl. When the hats come off, you know they mean business.

6 comments:

  1. Your costumes are great!!! And I love that last picture :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man- your boys are so cute. I just can't get over how adorable they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my, goodness. SEAN I'm so sad I missed meeting your boys and seeing your family in this ridiculously, ridiculously cute get up. Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! ---I'll admit, i thought he was Toad too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this for the first time at work, I had to cover my mouth so my laughter would not be too loud. This just puts a hugh smile on my face and makes my heart do flips. I am proud grandmother to stars of a video game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really really cute!!! i like the family picture

    ReplyDelete