Friday, December 14, 2012

Santa Clause, He Done Came!

IMG_5883e
The boys met Santa and it was a [moderate] success!

IMG_5664e
Okay, let me tell you about that day, first. Our church primary made this Breakfast with Santa activity. The bishopric made a pancake breakfast, then we did Christmasy crafts, followed by meeting the big guy himself.

IMG_5663e
I was in charge of running the Christmas Tree decorating station and then was to take pictures of each kid sitting on Santa's lap. I was happy to oblige... until I found out Sean wasn't going to be there. He was flying back from an interview that afternoon. So I had to do all this while caring for all three kids. Thankfully and miraculously, one of the older girls took a liking to Grey and took care of him the most of the time and her mom pretty much ran the craft table whenever I had to do something for the kids. Then she held Grey the whole time I was taking photos (and Liam and Dash danced on my legs). They both got spit up on- he does that to his favorite people.

IMG_5711e
As for meeting Santa, it was a tamer version of last year. Dash flat out refused but Liam was alright with it. A little hesitant but he did it.

IMG_5714e
What I think did the trick for Dash was seeing the bag of candy Liam got after meeting Santa. Bribery always works!

IMG_5719e
See? Everyone's a little happier with treats.

IMG_5880e
Even Grey liked the man in red. Not enough to throw up on him, though.

4 comments:

  1. You guys look awesome! :) Can't wait to see you all of you! And good work flying solo with all 3 kids at the primary activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, was this up in Illinois, or are you back in Texas now? I know the turnover in the Gurnee wards is high with med students moving in/out every year. I didn't recognize anyone in those photos, so I'm really hoping you're back in Texas! =D

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's in Texas, so you shouldn't be recognizing anyone!

      Delete
  3. I love your pictures from last year, but this year's post gives me hope :) Olivia did fine last year, but definitely is NOT a Santa fan this year. I agree, treats are key!!

    ReplyDelete