Friday, December 9, 2011

Here Comes Santa

Our church had a little Breakfast with Santa last weekend. It was the boys' first meeting with the jolly saint. With a squirmy Liam in my arms, I managed to snap this picture:
IMG_6114e
Poor Dash. Sean had just tried to stick him on Santa's lap and Dash was having no part of it.

So then I passed my camera to someone else to take a few more pictures with Liam included. And... none of the pictures took. She thought she was taking them but nope. Sad.

Luckily, there was someone there taking pictures of all the kids already! So let's see how it went down:

Dash with Santa
Trying to console Dash with a Christmas bear. Don't touch me, man!

Liam with Santa
Liam doing okay while chomping on a Christmas ornament but firmly latched onto my side. Do NOT let go of me, mom.

Boys with Santa
Welp... maybe next year. Ha, fat chance.

IMG_6117e
After that ordeal, we just let the boys wander the church building. They found a chalkboard and became completely happy again.

IMG_6123e
Draw draw draw (and a few moments of eat eat eat the chalk. When do they stop trying to eat everything again?)

IMG_6131e
Surprisingly when storytime came around, Liam gladly sat in Sean's lap and listened. Dash meanwhile kept running towards the Christmas tree until he realized Santa was right next to it. Tree! Yay! Santa! AGH! You could see his head get whiplash with how fast he'd spin back around.

But they're warming up to the idea of Santa bit by bit. See here:
Mix a little bit of owl sound with a little bit of monkey sound and you get Santa!

2 comments:

  1. I think crying Santa pics are the best! And the light the pics with the chalk board was really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm jealous you got to see Santa. Our ward party was hosted by the primary and still no Santa appearance. I was so disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete