Friday, December 21, 2012

Grey Right Now

IMG_6058e
Grey is a very chill babe. Here's a short list of things that make him upset: Sleepiness, Hunger, Vigorous Kissing (really, sometimes he cringes when his brothers come near), Very Loud Noises, His Car Seat when Awake, and Quick Descents (see next paragraph). Most of the time he's happy to look around, watch faces, and be awesome

IMG_6023e
What do I mean by Quick Descents? I'm talking Moro Reflex. If you lower Grey too quickly or go down the stairs too fast, he flings out his arms, mushes up his face, goes red, and then SCREAMS! Many a family member has discovered his sensitive Moro Reflex. He just has a healthy nervous system.

IMG_6048e
He's getting to the point where he can't just sleep through anything. If I move him in the middle of a nap, he'll now wake up and stay awake. It makes planning outings a little trickier. He's also in a bit of a rough patch for night sleep- he's having real trouble staying asleep. One night recently, he'd wake up every 5-45 minutes all night long. Hopefully he'll phase out quickly.

IMG_6061e
Grey's very favorite thing to do is stand. He just wants to show off his strong muscles and get a better view of everybody. Still doesn't keep him from spitting up all the time. He also gives such wonderful smiles and the cutest chuckles when you tickle him just right. Funny faces can do the trick too. It's a heart-melting experience.

IMG_6075e
Grey has this incredible ability to stare right through my eyes into my very being and just explore who I am. It's actually jarring for the first second. But then I feel comfort as my soul is laid bare and he accepts it all. He makes me feel good to be me.

Love my GreyBabe

No comments:

Post a Comment