Monday, July 2, 2012

Pool?

I forgot how different the climates are between Texas and Colorado. I forgot how the high elevation makes the air thinner, thus making this dizzy pregnant woman even more light-headed. I forgot how dehydrating that thin air is, which meant I woke up with a monster headache the first morning of our visit and subsequent intake of at least forty glasses of water each following day. I pleasantly forgot how bug-free Colorado is- I didn't have to apply mosquito repellent once! (as opposed to getting four bites while packing up our car after we flew back).

One thing they did have in common, surprisingly, was the heat. But it doesn't usually get very hot in that part of Colorado, to the extent that most homes don't have A/C. Now I understand why people complain about being pregnant during the summer. Phewf, it made me so tired! So what did we do to escape the heat?
IMG_1580e
We went hot tubbing. Common on, give us a break, we take water fun any which way we can get! (don't worry, I only put my legs in so as not to disturb my gestational homeostasis)

IMG_1565e
They boy-o's are getting more and more comfortable in the water, I might even say daring. Several times they'd slip a bit and right themselves without getting scared, even voluntarily dipping their heads under water.

IMG_1569e
Sean made sure to teach them some bad habits.

IMG_1583e
But they balanced it with giving lots of loves.

IMG_1593e
It sure was nice to get a little wet and let the breeze cool us down. I like this Colorado version of a pool party.

No comments:

Post a Comment