Tuesday, July 24, 2012

32 Weeks

IMG_2687e
BAM! How's that for a belly? I'm 32+ weeks and everyone assumes I'm about to pop when they see this protuberance. Alas, I get to enjoy the discomfort for two more months!

Current Pregnancy Side Effects:
Large belly (oh, you hadn't noticed?)
Chub Cheeks
Swollen feet and hands
1/18 my normal energy level
Huffing and puffing whenever I get up off the floor
Bladder capacity of 1 tablespoon
Relentless hip pain that literally kicks my bum
The Braxtons and the Hicks

Admission #1: I'm slightly terrified of having another little one to add to our brood. Simply for the fact that I have no idea to add another routine to what we already have going on. Sure, I know how to take care of more than one kid, but these two boys have the same general needs at the same general time. How the heck do you throw in a completely new schedule, one that, incidentally, will be wholly unpredictable much of the time? It scares me.

Admission #2: I have done so little to prep for this new child of ours. I haven't bought a single item for him (though that is more of an indication that the next set of loans hasn't come in yet), hardly done anything to prepare his room, and checked out a few books to read (but haven't read them yet). At least I've been going to my doctor check-ups regularly, that's most important, right? Right?

Admission #3: I was just looking at old pictures of the boys and, golly, I sure am excited for wrinkly foreheads and elephant knees. I can't wait to squish them!

Admission #4: Despite the fact that I've already done this whole pregnancy thing before, I really have no idea what to expect. Last time I was induced early to ensure the health of our placenta-sharing twins. So I don't know if I have a tendency to go into labor early or late- I'm guessing late only because my mom typically was. I don't know what it feels like to go into labor. I don't know what it feels like to have real contractions that aren't pitocin-enhanced. I don't know what it's like to delivery out of an OR. It makes it especially hard to plan, doesn't it? Though I guess these things always are. I'm just hoping our little apple dumpling hangs waits until my mom comes to make his appearance- it sure would be nice to not have to scramble to arrange care for the boys and Pogo.

Admission #5: As much as I thought I'd miss the frequent ultrasounds, it's been fine without them. In fact, I'm really glad I don't have to do such long appointments. The babe moves all the time and I can tell he's doing just fine. Sorry babe. They weren't ever very complimentary pictures, anyway.

Admission #6: Uh, I'm going to be a mom of THREE. Mind-boggling. And fantastic!

IMG_2694e

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you Kate that after going into labor naturally with my first and being induced with pitocin with my second...I MUCH rather go into labor naturally!! But don't worry too much, I'm sure everything will be fine. Just go with the flow of things. And who knows when he will decide to come, my first was 2 days early and my second I was induced 2 days late. I know it's hard waiting that last couple of months, I was sooo ready by the time the last 2 months came, but it's worth it, isn't it. :) I'm glad things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with your perfectly round belly! You don't look pregnant at all anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed with your perfectly round belly! You don't look pregnant at all anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you're going to be a mom of 3 either! And so soon!!!! You don't look like you have chub cheeks. I'm sure you feel worse than you look. I think you're a champ for doing so much with your boys and being really pregnant!

    ReplyDelete