Friday, July 13, 2012

Mr. 27

IMG_2437e
On Sunday, this marvelous man turns 27! Three times nine is 27, so I'll tell you three things about him in nine categories.

How Sean's an Incredible Husband
1. He always happily eats my dinners
2. He gives me massages any time I request them
3. He tells me I'm beautiful so frequently, I often forget that doing so is so special

How Sean's an Amazing Dad
1. He truly truly would rather be at home playing with his kids more than anything else
2. He's absolutely the boys' favorite playmate
3. As playful as he is with them, he's at the same time so sweet and gentle and loving. A beautiful balance

Sean's Musical Prowess
1. Amateur Harmonicist (and even more amateur accordianist)
2. Once-upon-a-time proficient violinist
3. Nose Flutist

Sean's Smarts
1. Ask him almost anything and he'll know the answer or be able to give a guess that's eerily accurate
2. He really loves to learn. As a kid, his parents would find him reading the encyclopedia
3. He picked me as a wife ;)

Sean's Faults
1. Can't remember a schedule to save his life
2. umm...
3. hmm...

Sean's Favorite Things
1. Me
2. His kids
3. Maps

My Favorite Things About Sean
1. His incredible intelligence
2. His brilliant balance of goofiness, steadiness, and earnestness
3. His perfect face
(oh, and his amazing scent that wafts off his temples. I need to bottle that scent, yowza)
(also, his perfect hands)
(and he has great handwriting)
(plus that sense of humor of his is spot on)
okay, okay, I'll refrain but I could go on and on!

Sean's Funny Habits
1. Pacing when he's on the phone
2. Clicking through tabs on his internet browser and highlighting random chunks of text when having a conversation
3. He becomes this ultra wacky version of himself when he's with his family- the jokes come rolling out and the high-kicks cannot be restrained

Best Things Sean's Ever Said
1. Will you marry me?
2. It's hard for me to say but I think I love you
3. Have the faith to expect miracles

As you can see, there is ample proof that Sean is the most spectacular guy there is. He deserves a birthday fit for a king. For he is, after all, the ruler of my heart. I love you, sugarbum.

Happy birthday, babe!

2 comments:

  1. This is too, too sweet! Happy Birthda Sean! I am so blessed to see the love God has given you both to share! And also, Sean makes a great teammate! Katie thanks for letting us borrow him when we're at the hospital. He does a great job there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nose flute? Interesting!

    I think the ability to answer random questions about everything is a uniquely Daddy-ish thing. Men can do this. I love it too. My Uncle Marty could tell you anything that was growing in a field and identify every type of rock or insect on the planet - and the stars above it - instantly. He was awesome! My husband Joe is the same. He can make a beeline to anyplace he's been even once before, even if it was when he was a little kid and it's in Kansas for heaven's sake, like he has a star chart in his head or something. It's amazing. And super cool.

    Have a wonderful time appreciating his greatness on his birthday, what a good thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete