Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rita's

IMG_1251e
Sean's started a two week stint at a very far away part of Houston but which is a straight shot down the toll way. So he got himself an Easy Pass. And to celebrate (that's something to celebrate? more like a convenient excuse), we used it to go the opposite way over to Katy, right over to Rita's Ice.

Do you know Rita's Ice? I think it's an east coast thing. At least, I'd only heard about it from people out east. They make these luscious combos of frozen custard and italian ice. I've consumed their product five times and each time has been indulgently perfect.  Let's see what the boys think.

IMG_1216e
What is that?

IMG_1242e
And then he digs right in.

IMG_1230e
Dash doesn't even wait for permission.

IMG_1219e
The little sample-size spoons are perfect for little toddler hands, who otherwise would scoop up giant globs of custard and try to fit it in their gaping mouths.

IMG_1245e
And when they hopped down from their chairs and ran around like the sugar-high kids that they were, I enjoyed my Gelati in peace. Well, really, I was enjoying the show- the boys were just laughing at everything and squealing like maniacs.

I usually get some sort of Mango concoction, because it's just to divine to describe.

IMG_1248e
Our visits have always ended in a smile. I'm ready to go back now.

Anyone else get the cravings for Rita's?

1 comment:

  1. Friend, it has been too long since I've commented! I've never heard of Rita's, but that sounds absolutely incredible. I can only imagine how it did your cute pregnant belly good in all that Texas heat.

    And let me just say, I LOVED my little sneak peak into Sean and your lives with your pregnancy post? It was awesome and I have already read it several times. So glad we are family!

    ReplyDelete