Friday, June 1, 2012

Love and How We Show It

Liam and Dash actually do care about each other.

IMG_1110e
I have to remind myself of that often because they pick on each other so much. They bite (only moderate bites, as if that's any better), pull hair, push, and pinch. Usually when they're annoyed at their brother but other times just because they're real excited. This last week or two, they've just been incessant.

IMG_1088e
And then when they do it, they seem so pleased with themselves! They give me a big smile and start giggling when I pick them up to move them to an isolated spot. Until they realize I'm not letting them move, then they're upset.

IMG_1080eBut they do more than just be mean to each other. They can actually be pretty sweet. At times when their brother is crying, they bring a toy over to share- or even return the toy they stole that made his brother cry in the first place!

IMG_1093e
A couple weeks ago, we were at the Children's Museum with my parents and typically, one boy ended up with me and one with my folks as they wandered. So often, the boy with me would realize that his brother wasn't around and start adamantly asking for him. "La La? La La?" "Dahhh? Dahhh?"

IMG_1113e
I just love it when I hand a something to one boy and ask him to give it to his brother- they almost always do it. It's so generous of them to not just keep it for himself.

IMG_1085e
Whoever wakes up first from sleep will play for a little bit but then decides enough is enough; he starts yelling his brother's name. They just like each other's company.

IMG_1119e
I love that they care about each other. And I guess boys poking each other is always going to part of the game. Let's just cool it with the severe pain-causing stuff, okay kids?

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing these pictures of your cute boys! They are SO darling, and you do SUCH a great job of capturing their personalities and facial expressions. I wish we lived by each other so I could have you photograph Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that is how it will be forever. A little love, a little pinch. :) But, brothers for life! And beyond!

    ReplyDelete