Wednesday, March 23, 2011

People Pictures

IMG_5719e
Did you know that I used to think that taking pictures of people was lame?

IMG_5711e
That was back in the day when all I had to capture the moment was a very unfancy point-and-shoot.

IMG_5727e
When I photographed people, it just looked so flat and posed and not very exciting. I would much rather take a picture of nature to showcase a pretty scene. Much more appealing.

IMG_5710e
But then I got a point-and-shoot with a zoom. Then one with a macro setting. Then my beloved dslr came into my life.

IMG_5739e
And I figured out how to create depth and change angles and how to make faces look good. People can be the star of a photo, too.

IMG_5715e
And now I'm rather fond of taking pictures of people.

IMG_5758e
And their feet.

IMG_5700e
Because taking pictures of mountains and grass and water is cool and all...

IMG_5774e
... I think it's the people that hold true beauty.

5 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! :) I love the photos you take!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a baby, or two, can change your mind about that all on its own! Super cute swing pictures!!! The first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that post. Love those people. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect post. I LOVE the first picture. Man so cute. You have a SERIOUS talent. Never underestimate that because I am in awe of all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to feel the same way, Katie (and I somewhat still do). It's taken me so long to get comfortable shooting people, and yes, the rewards are grand when you get it right.

    ReplyDelete