Saturday, March 21, 2009

Whackadoozy Week

1) I needed to make some mouse sipper tubes, which involves slicing some plastic pipettes with a hot razor blade. You guessed it, I wasn't paying attention and grabbed the blazin' blade and gave myself a nice couple of burns. But it didn't hurt much after the first hour and now it's such a weird feeling to not feel anything on the dead patches of skin. Wait, is it a feeling to "not feel?" ...I'll get back to you on that.

2) On Wednesday, a lady in my department told me I had to finish my thesis by March 24. Understand that A) I thought I had until March 31 and B) I still had two weeks of data to still gather, and you can imagine my flip-out session. But, lo and behold, after making approximately 805 calls, I discovered that the lady was wrong and I DO have until the end of the month. I think a week of my life was lost in the process.

3) On the same day, I got whacked with some sort of cold/allergy concoction. I went from slightly sniffly to a nose-dripping sneezer in about five minutes. It's going away now but last night it again metamorphosed into a nice cough that woke Sean up a zillion times (though I usually only woke up after he asked me if I was okay. Weird, no?). And, ha, Sean got me a water bottle in the middle of the night to ease the throat and I must have fallen asleep mid sip because I again awoke to a big puddle beside my shoulder. Ick!

4) Since it's crunch time for my thesis, I have to do lab work today, tomorrow and next weekend. Boo.

5) I forgot to fill out a bracket before all the basketball games started. Now it's no fun! And BYU lost. What a surprise...

6) Good things:
  • We had my old roomie, Jenna, and her husband, Chris, over for dinner and fun. I love that girl, it's always fun to talk and laugh with her. We played some games too: The Celestial Companions Game and Fact or Crap. Mom, don't get mad that I wrote the word "crap," okay?They made for a good time. Alas, I had too much fun to remember to take pictures.
  • LOST and The Office are continuing the magnificence that is their current seasons.
  • Sean continues his reign as best husband ever.

Let's end with another joke:

What's brown and sticky?

A Stick.

Love it.

6 comments:

  1. You are too funny. I'm sorry to hear about your thesis scare and cutting yourself!! But, I'm glad that you have until the end of the month.

    I LOVE your new blog header :) Very creative. And funny.

    Have I told you that you're one of my favorite people? Cuz, yeah. You're awesome. Good luck with your thesis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thesis? Sounds like a blast... :P Good thing you have until the end of the month. I hate scares like that.

    I too am combating one heck of a cold. I forgot how terrible it is to be sick.

    Celestial Companions game? Oh man, let me guess: they sell it at the BYU bookstore and Seagull Books...Only in UT...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness KT! What a crazy week! I meant to take pictures too, dang it. Oh well, that means we need to get together again to take pictures! We had so much fun. Thanks for a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see pictures of the burns! --BZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you play fact or crap? (Don't tell my mom I said that last word, please)

    And 805 phone calls! You must have a really good cell phone plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bleh! What a yucky week!

    p.s. I tell that joke to anyone who asks me for a joke. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete