Sunday, March 8, 2009

Way Back When

As much as I love opening up this blog to find Pogo's poor puppy eyes looking up at me, I guess it's time for another post. And in fact, looking for old pictures of my dear pooch inspired this post- I've started editing old photographs to try to make them look extra special. Photoshop works wonders.

Exhibit A The view from my IL home's back porch. That's one thing I miss all the time, a big midwestern sky full of billowy, beautiful clouds.

Exhibit B
I love my nieces and nephews! They're all so absolutely adorable. If I recall correctly, this was around the time that Rhuelin first started to like me. Before, he had been somewhat indifferent to my presence, but he finally started to seek me out to play with him! It was very exciting.
I also love that my parents kept my swingset. It'll be a weird and fun day when I have kids who play on that thing. Oo, I'll get to show them my Swingset Climb of Awesomeness path- up the rope, over the top of the crows nest, down the A-frame, walk from one swing to the other onto the slide platform, and down the hanging rings. It was awesome, I tell you. Awe-some.
Exhibit C
I feel so many emotions when I look at this photo. It's in beautiful Colorado, captured on the way up Pikes Peak. On the same day that I was to say goodbye to Sean who was about to scamper off into missionarydom. I was nervous, I was excited, I was sick, I was hopeful, I was scared, I was all sorts of everything, as I was taking this photo. And I feel them all again, right now.
Exhibit D
Eek, now I'm apprehensive! That bee was way to big to ever be allowed to exist. It's against evolution!
Exhibit E
.........
All I can say is, my roommate and I were bored, so we decided to dress up and go to the grocery store. She's goth and I'm gansta/punk.
I'll have you know that none of those clothes were mine, all borrowed. I'm very un-gangsta at heart.


You can be sure you'll be seeing more of these Blasts from the Past. These are only through 2004, so there's plenty more to share!

6 comments:

  1. Who wants big, beautiful, billowy clouds when you can have crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery mountains? Colorado beats Illinois 7 to 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are quite the photoshop guru. What a fun thing to play with! Maybe I'll have to have you fix some of my pictures... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that picture of you and Jaime will always be one of my favorites. I remember that night when you guys came and shocked Jenna and I with your awesome sense of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I love what you did!! the notes are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pictures! They are breathtakingly beautiful...especially the gangsta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who the freak is your "roomate"?

    ReplyDelete