Monday, February 2, 2009

Updation (like Update, but with tion)

1) Cardinals lost, sad. But they put up a good fight! Excellent performance for their first SB appearance. (Hey, sean's SB too! It can stand for so many things: superbowl, strongbad, super belly...)

2) Our washing machine (shared by the other apartments in this building) had been emitting an odor, recently, that could probably have induced vomiting. Sean discovered the source. A frog. A very dead, very thoroughly washed frog. The front-loader has some folded plastic to seal the door (see picture, by that little water puddle) and the poor little amphibian must have gotten stuck in a fold. From where did this frog come? I don't think I've ever seen one in Utah. Perhaps it was some innocent pet? Sean actually touched it before he knew it was a frog and practically flipped out from the gooeiness of it. And gave him the willies for the rest of the night (me too, and I didn't even touch it!). I know at least one of our loads must have been washed with said frog inside the machine... ugh.

3) I went to a new mother's meeting (NO I AM NOT PREGNANT) that our stake provided- since it's likely that some day in the future I'll be a mom, I thought it would be helpful. But then a nurse started talking about miscarriages and all the talk about blood made me sooo woozy and light-headed. What is WRONG with me? Why does anything blood-related pull my consciousness right out of me? It's super annoying!

4) Sean and I made a choclate strudel. It turned out... pretty good. Next time, I need to put more layers of phyllo on the outside so it'll keep it's structure. And I won't use hazelnut, it's a bit too overpowering. Some other nut perhaps...

5) We went out for sushi this weekend. Delectable! The more I have it, the more I like it. My favorite is the Philadelphia Roll. What's your favorite?
Well, I still have the willies from that frog story. Yowsers!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, the frog story and the new mother story made me puke a little. Yucky! The dessert sounded nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frog story is disgusting...just talk of a smell that nearly induced vomiting is nearly inducing it for me! And good work on the strudel, it sounds complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an odd combo of stories. Did the neighbors thank Sean for his discovery? I think they should reward him in someway. Please, hare the strudel recipe when you have perfected it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Maybe now you'll consider re-trying calamari! (the more you have it, the more you like it!) -BZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss KZ, woozy at the sight of blood? Why, you'll be a natural as a doctor's wife! ;)

    And dear, oh me, what will you do when it is time to give birth??? Just don't look down!

    ReplyDelete