Wednesday, February 11, 2009

toga party

My magnificently smart husband was inducted into Phi Kappa Phi tonight and I accompanied him to his inaugural dinner. For a small fee. Uh, a not so small fee.

We saw Sean's second cousin, Quentin, there. And we saw the Dixons, though I lost track of where they went and didn't get to say hi to them. Hi Dixons!

Bummer of the night was that the food wasn't so great. But I had a fun time taking pictures and laughing with my hubby.

Look, I curled a strand of hair for the occasion. Special.

Interesting centerpiece: vase filled with water, a few pebbles, and a lovely little ribbon. Hmm.

A luscious salad made of lettuce and... a slice of tomato. I must admit, though, the ranch dressing was very pleasant.

The carrots and potatoes had some weird herb taste. But the chicken was glazed with an apricot sauce, I think. Tasty.

I forgot to take a picture of the dessert. Probably because I didn't like it. Can you believe that? I didn't like a dessert! AND it was chocolate. It was cake but had, what I call, a "vending machine brownie" taste. How disappointing.

Sean stood proudly as he was inducted into the society, while I gazed adoringly. Though I gaze in the way quite often.

And then, we left. So we could watch LOST. Definitely the right choice.

4 comments:

  1. If it was BYU catering then I definitely understand. For their "high class" meals they are really sub-par.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's awesome. I was only ever smart enough for high school honor society, so I'm always impressed with people who do well in school after they turn 17. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Sean! Lost is driving me crazy, in a good way...I'm ready to just know the answers to everything :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Smart Guy!!! And it is real hard to believe that Katie had bad things to say about any Chocolate dessert

    ReplyDelete