Friday, September 12, 2008

5 Years


We've been celebrating a bunch of "firsts" anniversaries, recently. It was five years ago last week that Sean and I first met. I was sitting alone at a cafeteria table when Sean sat by me and we had our first little chat. Blooming love. We celebrated that anniversary by going out for dinner, walking the mall, and seeing a dollar movie. As Sean put it, it was "in memory of the things we always do!"
We were cute little spring chickens back then. That's such a weird expression, "spring chickens."

Two days ago was our fifth anniversary of our first hand hold. It was so sweet- we were sitting, both hands on our legs, when Sean did a "pinky test" to make sure I wouldn't recoil in disgust from his touch. Hee, that was far from my reaction. Look how young we are. The good ol' dorms, twas they that brought us together.
Today is the anniversary of our first kiss. How tender
This was actually right before Sean went off on his mission. He was already set apart so he couldn't touch girls beyond a handshake. Including me. Ugh, it was awful.
It's funny thinking back on these times, because we didn't know how things would end up and how things would work out after Sean's mission. It sure worked out great!
On a totally different note, while looking at old pictures, I came across this one of Pogo all cozied up in my bed.

a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversaries! It was cute to hear your story...I hadn't realized that you'd met before his mission :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so... I thought you met in Physics class? what's all this cafeteria business? that's funny that you remember all the dates of those memorable events. I guess if I went back and read my journal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops! sorry that last comment was totally me. you probably guessed that :)

    ReplyDelete