Monday, December 22, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

IMG_1477e
After driving back from our Chicago trip with the Bradleys, we picked my parents up from the airport that night!

IMG_1466e
We had a fun, low-key visit. Everybody got sick at some point. So I didn't take a ton of photos.

IMG_1444e
But at least no one got a tummy bug like last year so Thanksgiving was a go!

IMG_1480e
I tried brining the turkey this time and it was a salty success. Conversely, I made a chocolate pie in which I finally followed the directions and used unsweetened chocolate instead of my usual semisweet and it was blerg. Not yummy. Also, I hadn't realized how long it took the frozen rolls to cook yet somehow mom jury-rigged a way to quick rise them and bake them right up. Amazing.

IMG_1493e
We gave the wishbone to the twinners but it was too slippery. After letting it dry out, they gave another tug and it broke clean in half! Everyone wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment