Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Grey Turns Two (part 1: Apple Farm)

IMG_8822e
Remember how this little man had a birthday last month? Imma tell you about it (in two parts!).

IMG_8773e
Sean had the day off and the weather was lovely, how about a trip to the apple farm?

IMG_8810e
Last year Grey wasn't big enough to ride the tractor train, so this was a big moment!

IMG_8795e
In most of the pictures of the tractor train, Grey's twisted back to look at his brothers. I imagine he's thinking, "can you believe this? This is awesome, guys!"

IMG_8789e
A little goat petting (at first I wrote "pet goating." I'd like to see a picture of that)

IMG_8815e
We spent some time in a hay maze and I'll tell you one thing: It was very stressful. And it wasn't even that big! Where's Liam? Wait, now where's Dash? Hey, now I'm missing Grey AND Liam!

IMG_8826e
The two-year-old enjoyed his time in line waiting for the hayride. Until he got STUNG BY A BEE a few seconds after this photo. It landed on his collar bone just as he was shifting, causing his shirt to cover the bee. I reached up to pull back the shirt to find the bee trying to escape with his stinger stretched back on Grey's skin. I snagged the bee and flung it away (which now gives me the willies to think about. Mommy adrenaline) but the damage was done. Grey recovered rather quickly, though. That was a very mean birthday present, Mr. Insect, very mean indeed.

IMG_8838e
A moment to compare heights.

And then I took three photos that I will most certainly have printed.
IMG_8844e
1

IMG_8841e
2

IMG_8848e
3
Those kids of mine...

IMG_8857e
We stepped inside to see what the shop had to offer. Grey stood like this for many, many minutes.

IMG_8865e
We got some special birthday donuts and (overpriced) apple cider to finish off the morning.

IMG_8879e
Besides the bee incident, a pretty fantastic start to a birthday! Stay tuned for the rest of his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment