Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blue Angels

IMG_6063e
Destin happens to be near Pensacola, which happens to be where the Blue Angels were performing. So we saw them!

IMG_6067e
I'll use this picture of Grey to show you that it was hot.

IMG_6073e
We arrived just as the show was starting, so we didn't go to the official viewing area but found a patch of shade to watch.

IMG_6070e
I got a nice red ant bite during this- love those southern insects.

IMG_6087e
But anyway, the show was cool and I marveled at their close proximity during maneuvers.

IMG_6095e
They could move crazy fast but my favorite was when they'd slow down and fly with their noses pointed up, like dolphins skimming the water. It's a wonder they didn't just topple out of the sky.

IMG_6077e
Then Sean took the camera and shot his brother while his brother shot him.

IMG_6089e
Then a plane went right overhead and freaked out Grey completely. It was so loud (at one point during the show I tried to tell Sean to take a photo of a nearby plane and I couldn't even hear myself). Anytime he started hearing the planes approach, he'd vice grip my shirt and press an ear against me while I covered the other ear.

IMG_6094e
Sawyer, however, was unfazed.

IMG_6112e
The finale.

IMG_6102e
Some of the family looked around the plane yard.

IMG_6116e
And then we were ready to leave the heat.

IMG_6123e
So we went in the plane museum. Where we all immediately lost each other.

IMG_6128e
But we found each other eventually. And I'm happy to report that Grey did not sustain any lasting damage from his experience- he'sstill happy to point out every plane in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment