Sunday, February 9, 2014

Harry and the Rocket

Wednesday, Sean and I had a full day date! How often do you get that? The three kiddos enjoyed their day with Grandma and Grandpa. My mom said Grey would get sad often through the day, obviously missing his parents. Really, Grey has had very little time away from me in his life, so this was a big thing for him. My mom has a recording of the bedtime song we always sing- she said when it began playing, Grey watched intently with tears rolling out his eyes. That is the most sad and precious thing in the world.

What did we do with our day away? Well...
Phone 2014-01-27
We went to Hogwarts! Honestly, I might have been most excited about this part of our Florida trip. Seriously, it really did feel magical. Although, the butterbeer left much to be desired. The first sip was good because all the butterscotch flavor is in the foam. But after a couple minutes, it just tastes of cream soda. But OTHERWISE, it was awesome.

Phone 2014-01-27
It was really fun to feel like we were in the harry potter world. And the rides were fun too. Even if we felt woozy after the one inside Hogwarts castle. And we did see the rest of Universal Studios, too. There were some cool coasters. It's been a while since I've been on new rides, not knowing what to expect. I most liked the initial launch of The Hulk and the sheer drop of Rip Ride Rockit. The backwards parts of The Mummy were great. And, did you know? Going to a theme park without kids is much easier than with kids. It was nice to have a break from the kids. For my sanity, you know?

Thursday, we finally took an easy day and just played the day away at my parent's house. But we did do something special that night!
IMG_1999e
That's a rocket, you guys! We went out near Kennedy Space Center and got to see this SpaceX rocket launch. It was breathtaking.


Sean had a NASA app that showed the launch up close but with a delay- that's what he's showing on the video. You could pay for tickets and sit closer to the launch, but you know, free is nicer. Maybe Sean and I will splurge in a subsequent Florida visit. Probably, since Sean is a lover of all things space (as am I, just not to Sean's degree). The kids weren't really into it until they actually saw the rocket take off. Then they were captivated, all three of 'em. Go space!

2 comments:

  1. A WHOLE day without children? That sounds more magical than the Magic Kingdom. Not that we don't love our kids, but I think spending a whole day with my husband would be perfect. What an incredible birthday you had Katie! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I want to visit Hogwarts one day too!! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete