Friday, February 7, 2014

A Disney Birthday

IMG_1831e
Tuesday was my birthday so to celebrate we went to DISNEY WORLD! What girl doesn't dream of such a celebration? It was actually pretty busy there, likely because it was the day after a holiday. Yet fun was still had!

IMG_1835e
It started off interestingly. I was letting the boys run around the Gaston fountain (admittedly not the best idea) while waiting for Sean to grab fast passes (they're trying this new system and it's terrible. We couldn't get fast passes for anything good. Couldn't work the system). Well, there was a gentleman taking a photo, not paying attention and... bumped dash right into the water.

Oy.

I hurried him to bathroom, attempting to dry off his soaked clothing in one of those fast drying hand dryers which are terrible for drying clothing, while Dash whimpers and shivers in the corner. After ten minutes of little progress, a lady comes over and offers us her spare clothing (should have thought to pack that too!). I could NOT believe that. What a generous and kind offer. I got her address so I could mail them back later on. The shorts were a bit large but with pinning and the use of my mom's purse strap, we got them to stay up.

But I tell you, I think of that generous woman all the time. What a magnificent gift to receive on my birthday- I'm touched by her kindness.

IMG_1809e
I think Grey got to ride on everything we went on. His favorite was probably the Jungle Cruise (though that was his least favorite to wait for. He was one impatient little boy in that line)- he grunted with delight at every bird and every waterfall.

IMG_1811e
I believe Dash told me his favorite ride was the Pirates of the Caribbean. Afterward, he kept saying "arr, I'm a pirate!"

IMG_1812e
Liam most enjoyed the Swiss Family Treehouse that you can walk all around. "We're really high, mommy!"

IMG_1814e
We bought one stroller, which was helpful. Though you always had to park it before getting in line, which meant we didn't get a whole lot of use out of it. All of the adults' arms were really sore by the end of the day- we all did a lot of holding of all the kids.

IMG_1818e
Here we are on lunch break, having consumed $8 hot dogs that were not worth half that. The kids are just glad not to be in a line.

IMG_1820e
A Disney employee was blowing bubbles, Dash is on the hunt.

IMG_1824e
Grey electing to watch his silly brothers instead of giving up his tasty apple to join them.

IMG_1827e
Everyone loved the Buzz Lightyear game. Dash and Liam got to "stop some aliens!" and Grey deftly steered his parents' car. It should be noted, Sean beat my score bad.

IMG_1830e
Grey got a little nap in the afternoon. How many can say "I napped at Disney World!"?

IMG_1847e
During his nap, we went on It's A Small World, which I think Grey would have really liked. We'll just have to go again someday. My parents stayed out with Grey, so they missed the ride as well, which I think my dad was happy about.

IMG_1851e
After cramming as much as we could into the day, we took our leave. We missed the parade (the one in which I marched once while on a high school trip, la tee da) but, gosh, we needed some dinner!

Phone 2014-01-27
We had some tasty pizza with a fun balloon guy until Liam drifted off, food in hand. A couple minutes later, Dash sprawled himself over two chairs and closed his eyes. We took that as our sign to go. Now that's a good birthday, party until your kids pass out!

4 comments:

  1. We were there one week after you guys! What a nice lady! And next time you go try using ridemax.com I have used it for the past 6 years whenever we go to either DIsney and I LOVE it. You pick which rides you want and they give you an itinerary to follow to avoid long lines. I agree the new fast pass thing was weird. We were able to use it on our afternoon rides and it did help a bit but not sure I like it better than the old way. Such a fun birthday for sure ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I volunteered to not go on the small world ride because the last few times I rode it I couldn't get that blasted song out of my head!!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day!! Happy belated birthday! And so glad to here there are helpful people out there. The mom bond is real :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hey! Not only did I get an incredibly lovely card from you (which I will hold on to for the rest of my life), but I get a shout out on your blog! That has made my year. I never thought that sharing my son's shorts would be so touching. We've all been there and I'm glad that I could help. I was hoping to use the cookie cutters to send a tasty package, but I accidentally tossed the envelope before I could jot down your address. Apologies for stalking you on your blog (I'm a researcher, so it was only natural that I'd look you up :-) ). Your family is beautiful! Maybe our paths will cross again in the future. Best - Rachael

    ReplyDelete