Thursday, November 21, 2013

Grey, Lately

IMG_0159e
Walking- He walks, but not much. Still shorter distances. It seems like he only goes for it when he wants a little applause. None of my kids have been the "and then he just took off!" types.

Climbing- bah, he's climbing up everything! Up the dinner chairs and table, on top of the toilet, onto the coffee table, through the cabinets, all over me...

Sleeping- This kid will sleep until 9! Oh how fabulous. He always wakes up a little bit during the night, often falling back to sleep on his own. Sometimes I'll have to go in to replace a binky (hmm, I suppose I need to think about when to phase out the pacifer, huh?). He generally now only naps once (unless he wakes up earlier, then we'll add another) and I actually like having the simplicity- nap time and quiet time at the same time, long chunks of wake time in which to go places, I'm a fan.

Signing- he does a great "all done." You can watch him finish up his food and it suddenly occurs to him, "I can tell mom that I'm done!" and his hands do a'wavin'. Just today, I was asking him if he was all done or wanted more, he got excited and touched his fingers together. "More!" That was his first successful "more"- he confused it with clapping before.

Socks- he takes them off every car ride. And gets mad if they're too hard to remove.

Pretending- wow, he's impressive! Liam and Dash have been doing a ton of pretending and this babe's learning the ropes. He always pretends to eat the imaginary food his brothers hand to him. Today he "knocked" on my door, waited for me to "open" it, and presented me with his Trick-or-Treat bucket until I "dropped in a candy." What?! You clever kid.

Whacking- I have to keep his nails trim because he is constantly hitting faces and grabbing fistfuls of skin. I say "soft of faces" more than anything else these days. Though Liam always corrects me, saying that he likes it when Grey's hard. I do not.

Little Seats- He gets a big kick out of finding a place to sit that's just his size. Step stools are perfect. So is the lip of the refrigerator. He looks so proud after he's taken his little seat. I could just eat that kid up!

1 comment:

  1. Love the sleeping in and one nap stage! Sounds like a fun and clever kid!

    ReplyDelete