Monday, November 4, 2013

Apple Holler

I mentioned before, the kids and I took one last visit to good ol' Gurnee (a brother will still be living in the village, so I'm sure we'll visit again). Sean joined us for the last few days. My parents still had to go to work (only a little bit longer until retirement and then they're all mine! Oh, isn't that what that means?) so the kids and I had to entertain ourselves.
IMG_1806e
So we went to the Apple Holler! I could have paid twelve bucks to go apple picking or just three to play everywhere else. The latter, thank you!

IMG_1808e
Liam and Dash have to stop at every photo-op-face-hole they find.

IMG_1815e
There were a bunch of little bridges (which bridged nothing but patches of grass) scattered about, which looked silly but, golly, kids do love bridges.

IMG_1816e
We played under the hay. (I think Grey looks EXACTLY like my one-year-old self here, what do you think mom and dad?)

IMG_1830e
We played on the hay.

IMG_1838e
Dash, perfecting his sad face.

IMG_1839e
Liam, perfecting his sweet face.

IMG_1840e
Grey, having a snack.

IMG_1845e
There was an apple tree maze, a corn maze, and a regular wood wall maze. All filled the kids with joy.

IMG_1847e
One more tunnel venture!

IMG_1855e
When it's just me there taking pictures, I take whatever face I get.

IMG_1862e
And off we go, Grey leading the way.

2 comments: