Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wild Rice

face hole
A couple weekends ago, the kids and I went to the Wild Rice Festival. Because: free, close, and something to do on a Saturday while Sean's working! Bonus: we got to learn a bit about Native American culture.

IMG_0992e
This is what rice looks like when it's... uh... harvested? Maybe? I don't know, I never get to hear what people are saying when I'm also taking care of my kids.

IMG_0991e
Although they were trying to pay attention until the adults around crowded close, blocking their view. Silly grown-ups.

IMG_0996e
They got to sit in a tee-pee!

IMG_0995e
The tee-pee's tippee top!

teepee drawing
They decorated their own tee-pee, too.

IMG_1007e
Standing by the tee-pee, holding their new creation.

little teepees
Ta da!

dakota bracelet
They also made Dakota bracelets. They really impressed me by threading their own beads in the right color order.

IMG_1002e
Grey was fantastic, given there was really nothing there for him to do.

IMG_1021e
But he did enjoy the dancing! Who doesn't like some good tribal music now and again.

Definitely going back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment