Thursday, September 5, 2013

Minnesota State Fair

IMG_0700e
It started with the Mall of America. There's a ferris wheel inside the Mall of America. We had just moved to the state, let's do something fun, let's go on the ferris wheel! And a new love was born. Liam and Dash get so excited about it the couple other times we've been to the Mall (whether we ride it or not). They were persistent in getting to the ferris wheel at the county fair (though weirdly chose not to ride it).

Cut to the little bookstore inside the library, full of books the library's selling on the cheap. I was trying to convince the twinners that they wanted a book with a fair setting, since it was only $.50 and I didn't have a dollar with me for the book they really wanted. I made the mistake of reminding them about going on the ferris wheel, which Liam took to mean that we were GOING ON A FERRIS WHEEL NOW.

Fortunately, the state fair was coming up, so I promised him we'd go on the ferris wheel at the state fair in a few weeks. The state fair's a big deal around here, almost as much as the rodeo and state fair in Texas, so it was fortunate to have that plan be possible. You better believe we read that book at least 50 times and talked about the ferris wheel four times a day.

IMG_0688e
The big day finally came! We were all so excited! We visited some farm animals as we walked.

IMG_0697e
But, as you can imagine, Liam and Dash had a goal in mind.

IMG_0720e
And we made it! yahoo!

IMG_0710e
It was surprisingly expensive, so just the twins and I rode. (yes, I know, my sideburns should be longer)

IMG_0713e
Look at all their dreams coming true.

IMG_0701e
We looked down...

IMG_0706e
We looked up...

IMG_0724e
We looked out! Gong on a Saturday meant it was hoppin'!

IMG_0726e
Who can spot the daddy and the baby?

IMG_0729e
And of course we got some fair food. Sean and I were both anticipating this part.

IMG_0727e
The men-folk got fancy corn dogs and I got thick bacon on a stick (ha). I wanted to get some fried dessert but it didn't work out, sigh.

IMG_0732e
Grey got just what he wanted, a fan! It was actually a really hot day. We stopped for some frozen apple cider pops that everyone was getting because it was a perfect refresher and only a dollar.

IMG_0737e
Most exciting of all, the butter sculptures! There's actually a carving happening right there in the background. I was jealous of the cold room.

IMG_0745e
All tuckered out, we took the bus back to our car.

IMG_0747e
Twas a lovely morning at the fair.

IMG_0755e
And they've been talking about the ferris wheel ever since.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I love the Minnesota State Fair. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete