Thursday, July 11, 2013

Haircuts

I have more Branson pictures to display but I wanted to do something different. It's time to talk hair.
IMG_9615e
Sean's hair doesn't get too long before he gets the itch to shave it down.

IMG_9954e
Ta da, the curls are a little more tame.

IMG_0113e
Now these boys, it's been a while since their last haircut. I just love their soft waves too much. But the sweetness became overrun by the mess, so it was time.

IMG_0146e
Bah, he looks so OLD!

IMG_0129e
Nose flair.

IMG_0148e
As you can see, the new haircut can still get messy. Phew!

IMG_0138e
Now Grey's turn.

IMG_0151e
And... he didn't get a haircut. He's not happy about it, I guess. He didn't need one. Although he did get one before we moved, just in the front. It was getting down to his eyebrows.

IMG_9602e
My turn! I liked how it looked. But it only looked good if I took the time to make it look good, which was rare. Usually, it was just an air-dried flop. Plus, I didn't know what to do with my bangs. So...

IMG_0156e
Woah. That was major. I like it! I think. The first couple days I didn't really, but I realized that my blow-drying it was giving it too much volume (a problem I've never experienced) and making it look dated. So air-drying is actually BETTER. Awesome sauce. I'm still figuring out exactly how to style it. Any suggestions? Other perks:
1) Shampooing is a snap!
2) Grey can't pull it any more (I feel guilty though, I took away a comfort object)
3) So much natural volume
4) No tangles! That is seriously amazing.
I'm having to adjust to the color, too. My hair would lighten as it grew out, but now all I have is the dark beginning. Maybe it'll lighten up?

What do you think? Thumbs up or huge mistake?

5 comments:

  1. I think it suits you so well!! I would totally have a haircut like that if I didn't have insanely thick, wavy hair. But on you it looks adorable!

    And I love all of the pictures. You are such a cute, fun family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, your hair really looks good that length. You're one of those gals who can pull it off! I don't think I'd ever have the courage to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you guys, I thought I couldn't pull it off either. But then I read an article about how all women could and I couldn't get the idea out of my head, so I just went for it. I can picture you both with awesome pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yeah...I'm a bit behind the times with reading blogs. But let me say, YOU LOOK ADORABLE! I am a huge fan of chopping hair, and you are rocking it! Way to go Katie! You are wearing it with confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're brave! I would be so scared to make a drastic change, but you definitely pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete