Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First Day of Work

IMG_9035e
Behold Dr. Sean on his first day of work. Well, technically, it was just orientation. But he did get paid (!) so it counts. Plus, he got done early that day. I think it was because there was an pediatric intern (people who are in their first year of residency) and family get-together that evening.

IMG_9066e
They served us dinner in a nice park with a splash pool and playground. My kids were in heaven.

IMG_9044e
I was shocked by how many of Sean's fellow interns had families. Most are married and a ton of them have kids. I think we have the most, but still, I was impressed.

IMG_9048e
Oops, we didn't grab Grey's swim diaper and swimsuit, so regular diaper it was. That thing was heavy when I changed him.

IMG_9052e
Sean's orientation was a week and a half long (his first day on the job was June 24). It was a bit of a bummer- we anticipated his start date and orientation to be a little later and had planned on my family's reunion right during orientation. So he didn't get to go to any of it. It was very sad.

IMG_9069e
Though while we were gone he had to do a bunch of studying for certifications, so he wouldn't have been that fun had we been home.

IMG_9072e
Now Sean's a real working man. He actually was assigned a really easy rotation to start, so the schedule hasn't been too grueling. He's even gotten done early a few times- I thought those days were over! I'm trying not to get used to it.

IMG_9073e
(oh my gosh, that face. That's the face he makes when he sees me after an absence, every time. I've gone through all my spare hearts because they've all melted)

IMG_9075e
(can you tell he loves the swing? It's also the only place I can put him at the park where he doesn't try to stuff his surroundings into his mouth)

IMG_9084e
That first day of orientation, Liam and then Dash kept telling me how sad they were because they miss daddy. Aw. They're a little more used to his absence now.

IMG_9081e
Sean enjoys his group of interns, he kept telling me how nice everyone is. In fact, all the people I've met have been incredibly friendly. I guess the phrase, "Minnesota Nice" has a strong base. Honestly, everyone at church was so kind to our family, I've had a million friendly comments and offers for help at the grocery store, this state's just full of niceness!

IMG_9082e
I think we'll dig in and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment