Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Minnesota Fourth

IMG_9673e
So what if the Fourth of July was three weeks ago. I have pictures for you now!

IMG_9675e
It doesn't get very dark up here in Minnesota until very late, the fireworks weren't going to start until 10pm. My parents had come for the weekend and volunteered to stay home with Grey, who would not do so well staying up that late (and unhappily woke up to the noise of fireworks, sorry mom).

IMG_9683e
We just went to the local show. There were some big inflatables for the kids but just as I let them go play, it was announced that they were closed. And I didn't have any cash for the food venders. So... we just played around by our chairs and had some friends come join us.

IMG_9744e
Sean captured some spectacular spectacles. Let me show them to you. Seriously, they're so great.

IMG_9798e

IMG_9802e

IMG_9803e

IMG_9811e

IMG_9822e
(like an illuminated flower)

IMG_9830e

IMG_9832e

IMG_9837e

IMG_9856e

IMG_9891e
(doesn't that look like wheat?)

IMG_9897e

IMG_9915e
(grand finale!)

USA USA!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he should just forget about being a doctor and focus on firework photography instead :-). Those are awesome! (and Grey and your dad are precious!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one reminds me of some fluorescent imaging of neurons! I think those are the best firework pictures I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete