Sunday, July 7, 2013

Branson: Acrobats of China

Did you know Branson, Missouri is smack dab in between Houston and the Twin Cities? How convenient would it have been if we could have stopped at our Zechiel Family Reunion along the way as we moved? But, alas, the timing was off. So off that Sean couldn't even go. So how did I get my brood of three kiddos 10 hours south? I enlisted the help of my mother. She flew here just to turn around and drive (for what was more like a 12 hour drive- no pit stop is ever short with youngins!) all day long (and all the way back at weeks' end). Because of her help, it went pretty smooth! In fact, everyone (especially my parents) were so helpful the whole week. It's hard to be without a husband but having a whole extended family is a good second.

IMG_9118e
One of the first things we did was go to a show. Our only show, actually- all our nap time schedules made things difficult. But mom stayed home to let Grey nap while I took Liam and Dash to see the Acrobats of China.

IMG_9120e
I gotta say, they did really great. I always had a kid on my lap, usually two. But they liked watching the acrobats do their tricks, admiring the lights, and labeling "bad guys."

IMG_9128e
They were sure to point out when the theater went dark between segments. When the music would turn more dramatic and slow, both boys would tell me that they were sad.

IMG_9124e
An intermission helped them last through the two-hour show.

IMG_9138e
Liam gave me this pose just after my nephew Noah gave the same pose for his dad. He must have liked the idea.

IMG_9141e
Trying to be an acrobat, too?

IMG_9131e
Back and ready for more! I quite enjoyed the show as well. My favorite was the rope swinging, though I also quite enjoyed the hoop diving. Fun show!

IMG_9144e
I asked Liam to give me an acrobat face. I think this is more of a super duper adorably cute face, but it'll do.

IMG_9148e
Dash's acrobat face that makes me crack up every time I see it. Ah, what a kid. What a show!

No comments:

Post a Comment