Sunday, July 28, 2013

Car Classics

IMG_9964e
While my parents were here, they wanted to treat us to a little ice cream at a nearby Dairy Queen. We were licking our cones outside and noticed a classic Corvette round the corner. Suddenly, Sean remembered that there is a weekly car show in our little town. With my dad here, the man who watches classic car auctions on television for fun, we needed to go!

IMG_9962e
AND THEN. She drove by. A '55 Chevy convertible. In turquoise. I've never heard my dad make that sound before, one of stunned admiration and adoration. We had to go find that car!

IMG_9973e
That very morning, my parents had bought Liam and Dash some classic car toys from a garage sale. Perfect timing.

IMG_9967e
The show was HUGE. Literally hundreds of cars. I don't know why they'd all come to this little town but there they were.
IMG_9975e
Dad would walk by each one, naming their make and year, explaining if one was fully restored or had some more modern parts. He even pointed out his very first car (sure wish I could remember what it was).

IMG_9966e
But we never did find that '55 Chevy. Perhaps she was an apparition, a mere specter to draw us towards the show. Whatever she was, I was glad to get a glimpse of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment