Thursday, May 23, 2013

Third Party

40M WORLD2007
Liam and Dash had a birthday party! Small and simple. My kind of party.


IMG_8257e
It was map themed and we held it at a big park that had a map on the ground.

IMG_8249e
I was going to set up at a nice pavilion but it got snatched up just as we were arriving. Boo. So we went to a picnic table that ended up working fine, I just didn't get to use most of the decorations I made.

IMG_8251e
Though it was really super hot. Melt-the-frosting-off-the-cupcakes hot.

IMG_8255e
At least there was wind. Sure, it made it hard to light the candles, but it certainly cooled off the sweat.

IMG_8230e
We had a couple fun games. First, pin Texas on the Map!


IMG_8239e
Then we had a treasure map to lead them to their take-home gift.

IMG_8246e
Otherwise, we just had fun playing! Heat doesn't stop any boy from swinging.

IMG_8236e
Birthday Party #3: a success!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah (Stuart) Severson just had a map party for one of her boys and I thought it was such a great idea! Apparently you guys are just cooler than me because I had never heard of it. Love it though! Happy birthday to your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fun, easy, outdoor parties. Sounds like a success to me! Hard to believe the boys are already 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun theme. Hard to believe our boys are three!

    ReplyDelete