Monday, May 27, 2013

And then he graduated

IMG_8517e
Here he is, Mr. Graduation himself!

IMG_8555e
Somehow, those four years, which we swore would never end, has ended. (I'm growing my bangs out and they are ALWAYS IN MY FACE. Also, haircut suggestions?)

IMG_7356e
Look at us at the beginning of the this med school journey. Not a care in the world! (insider scoop: I was pregnant in this photo and didn't know it)

IMG_8548e
Now look at us, not quite so care-free, but sharing so much happiness and love.

IMG_8578e
Three kids. THREE KIDS! Never would we have expected to finish med school with three kids.

IMG_8527e
Thank goodness we do, though, 'cause they're awesome.

IMG_8557e
We're so glad Sean's parents could come for the festivities.

IMG_8563e
In the last month, their daughter got married and all three of their sons have graduated (high school, masters program, med school). That's a lot of big stuff.

IMG_7064e
They were there for Sean's white coat ceremony (he gets a long white coat now!) at the beginning of it all. It's nice to come full circle.

For the ceremony, we got a babysitter (a non-family babysitter! While the kids were awake! This is a big deal). Boo to paying for babysitting when I don't get to spend most of the time with my hubby. Boy did I hem and haw about the decision- wouldn't it be great for the kids to see their dad graduate? And how does someone else put down my non-bottle drinking baby to sleep? It was a good move though, it was so late and long and loud (the Three L's) that they'd have been miserable.
IMG_8605e
We got there near the start time and there were so few seats left we had to sit in the mezzanine. Here's Sean during the processional, looking for us in the wrong area because he read my text wrong.

IMG_8613e
The student president was the highlight of the evening, performing a marriage ceremony between the students and Medicine. A sad but funny truth.

IMG_8624e
They started with the hooding of the PhD students and wouldn't you know it, Jerrah, who worked with me in the lab when I was a working gal, graduated that night too! She's being hooded by my old boss! More full-circle making! (also, I could never get the hooding pictures to work- should brought my tripod for the telephoto lens- so no more hooding pictures from here on out, got it?)

IMG_8626e
Jerrah was such a nice friend, she was so excited for me when I was pregnant with the twins. I like her.

IMG_8627e
Then the med students recited the Hippocratic Oath. I think the thing could use some updating, but whatever.

IMG_8637e
And there's my hubby! Post-hooding, pre-diploma retrieval. There was a big group sitting behind us who was cheering loudly for various students and, of course, they cheered really loudly for the student right before Sean, so I barely heard his name announced (it might have even been only lip-reading), but I was still so excited.

IMG_8640e
Diploma in hand, he's truly a doctor now.

IMG_8646e
Then we got to see Jeff!

IMG_8654e
Then we got to see Elliott!

IMG_8661e
I'm so glad Sean had such great buddies to suffer with. (I'm not glad that I only had my telephoto lens in the dark-ish, crowded room with a giant headache to take this photo. You get the idea of their faces, right?)

IMG_8665e
Dr. Bradley, M.D.

Sounds pretty great, doesn't it? (so does Katie Bradley, Doctor Wife)

1 comment: