Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Birthday. Part 2 Rocket Park

The last time we went to NASA we discovered you can go to the Rocket Park portion for free. And since that was the best part of the place anyway (unless you're Sean and get an awesome backstage tour), we thought we'd go again.

Here's Sean introducing the boys to the Rocket Park while I stayed in the car to feed Grey.
Heehee, the way Liam just took off running makes me giggle.

IMG_7341e
The Saturn V rocket is enormous. So much rocket power is needed to get a few people to the moon. I couldn't even get it in one shot with the lens I was using. So here I am at the back looking toward the front.

IMG_7288e
And now I'm at the front looking towards the back. Huge.

Saturn5
Can you imagine all the work it took to make a rocket like this work? Mind boggling.

IMG_7313e
So much fire. I think it's a three stage rocket.

IMG_7324e
Standing on the back end felt kind of like standing behind a horse- uhh, let me move aside.

IMG_7309e
What a lovely shade of marigold they've chosen.

IMG_7317e
In case they met any moon aliens, they'd know from which country the earthlings hailed.

IMG_7293e
Grey and I are being space walkers. Dash just really wants to hold my hand.

IMG_7300e
Dash is showing us a moon run. It looks surprisingly like his normal, earth-bound run.

IMG_7303e
Here's Liam being a... pensive astronaut? I don't know, I got nothin.

IMG_7350e
Look, there's more rockets!

IMG_7369e
Again, in case you forgot, we're American.

IMG_7353e
My kids made themselves at home in the rockets.

IMG_7360e
Here's astronaut Sean on his way to the capsule. (are Liam and Dash twins or what?)

IMG_7362e
And the twinners heading to the capsule, less serious-like.

IMG_7379e
And for souvenirs, Rocket Park rocks. We're going to sell them on ebay. We'll be millionaires!

Next stop, Kemah Boardwalk!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this the other day and thought it was funny and appropriate for this post: http://xkcd.com/1133/

    ReplyDelete