Friday, January 11, 2013

Blessed Boy

IMG_7002e
We had Grey's baby blessing while we were in Colorado.

IMG_7004e
We couldn't figure out a way to do it when both are parents would be with us, so we opted to have it when we'd have a whole lot of family at least from one side.

IMG_7011e
So we were there in church and the men get up to go to the front with Grey and Liam starts screeeeeaming because he wants to go too. I look around and all the other women in the family already have kids and I realize I'm the only one left to take him out. While my other baby's getting blessed! So I start walking down the aisle as tears begin to form when, from behind, Sister Sperry taps me on the back. Sister Sperry who lived in my ward in Illinois and amazingly moved with her family into Sean's parent's ward in Colorado. Sister Sperry, who's wonderful family I'd watch and think, ah, that's how you do it. It was that Sister Sperry who snatched Liam up so I could go listen to Grey's blessing.

IMG_7017e
It took me a moment to calm down and let the spirit of the blessing in, but it was lovely. Sean said Grey was just sweetly looking around the whole time. I found Sister Sperry afterward in-between the double entry doors, for Liam was still crying like crazy (being taken by a stranger doesn't help). I shall be forever thankful for Sister Sperry.

Not much of a peaceful blessing day but one I'm grateful for nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small world that the Sperrys are in your in-laws' ward! Such a great story; I'm glad she came to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had help! I love seeing little miracles happen amongst ward family. I was about to cry too if no one had stepped up. Glad it was a special day!

    ReplyDelete