Thursday, September 6, 2012

When's It Gonna Be?

I finally found a way to combat the hip pain at night. Firstly, surprise surprise, it helps to sleep with a pillow between my legs. Imagine. Whenever I had tried it before, I had stuck it under my belly too, which I didn't like. But when it's just my legs, much better. Further, whenever I'd get up during the night to go to the bathroom, I'd have to hold onto the bed/the wall/the counter/whatever to keep myself from collapsing from the pain. But then I found that if I throw my back really far back, it doesn't hurt quite so much.

Except I finally looked at myself in the mirror- what I thought was leaning far back actually looked like proper posture. My belly just drags me down.
IMG_3415e
And really, my belly itself is dragged down. My goodness, I stick so far out, don't I? It's like a baby-sized shell was stuck in the front of me. It's nice that I don't have anything kicking my lungs, but it looks nuts. And it's really hard to cover.

Did you know I'm the Primary Music Chorister? Well, actually I'm not, I'm the 2nd counselor but I'm pulling double duty until another chorister is called. More importantly, did you know the primary program is to be performed the day after my due date? Whoops. We've had to make some contingency plans because who knows if I'll be there!

As of today I'm nine days from my due date. NINE. That is a single digit number. I'm still hoping Mr. Baby waits until my mom comes (the day before my due date) to be born. It'd just make things so much simpler. I had another appointment yesterday in which my doctor told me there were no imminent signs of labor. I just don't want to go two weeks over (like two of my mom's pregnancies) and completely miss my mom's visit.

Any takers on when this little man will make his appearance? Sean's guessing Sept. 12 (anniversary of our first date. Aw) and I'm guessing Sept. 17. What about you? Winner gets a high five!

6 comments:

  1. Your pregnancies are just all belly aren't they? You really don't have the baby kicking your ribs? Guess you're trading off rib pain for hip pain. You're still a cutie!
    I don't think you'll go over. I think you'll start laboring right during the primary program. :) Did you know that Ethan was born on a Sunday? On the very same Sunday that Josh and I were due to give a talk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over your belly! I'm choosing Sept 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over your belly! I'm choosing Sept 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty! I love pregnant bellies especially when its not my own!! You sure wear it well. I think this little man will make his appearance as soon as your mom gets here and gets settled in. I cant wait to see him and am dying to know what you decided to name him! good luck we will be praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to echo Jenny, you don't have any kicking in the ribs or trouble breathing from your little dude? That's awesome, although I don't know if I would trade it for hip pain. I'll ponder on that.

    I say September 15th. It's worked well for you for the last 9 months, why should it change now? I'll shoot for that day too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see your belly at all in that pic! You sure you're pregnant? ;)

    ReplyDelete