Monday, February 28, 2011

Plant Life

IMG_4748e
This weekend's adventure was... the Arboretum!

IMG_4948e
Which we explored with my brother's family!

IMG_4766e
Who, incidentally, just got a new pup, a chihuahua/dachshund mix. Who's itty bitty and incredibly soft and cuddly.

IMG_4777e
And hid in a purse the whole trip.

Sean and I are smitten.

IMG_4919e
The kiddos struck a pose for me.

IMG_4846e
So did my family... but in a less dramatic way.

IMG_5009e
I was there too!

Ok, onto the non-human subject matter.

IMG_4789e
Being this early in the year, they hadn't planted anything new, so there was a bit of leftover decay.

IMG_4938e
But there's a certain beauty in decay, is there not?

IMG_4962e
And it also reveals the freak-show side of plant life, like this medusa tree thing.

IMG_4836e
Still, there was plenty of beautiful greenery.

IMG_4820e
Plus there were the lovely manmade items, like a little maze, birdhouses, fountains, and wind chimes.

Which reminded me that I'm so glad the neighbor's wind chimes mysteriously disappeared. I swear I had nothing to do with it. I swear.

IMG_4796e
Let's not talk about that anymore- look, a leaf!

IMG_4782e
Hey, there ARE some flowers!

IMG_4882e
Can anyone spot something interesting in this photo? No, not the lady bug. Look right smack dab into the center of the photo.

I have no idea how my niece spotted this. I'm impressed.

IMG_4937e
Very... purpley!

IMG_4901e
Very... greeny!

IMG_4926e
Mm, so many petals.

IMG_4886e
Water: it's the ...bread... of life.

Something like that.

IMG_4861e
A weed never looked so good.

IMG_4956e
Liam provided entertainment by grabbing a little bamboo shoot and twanging it around. Dash giggled and giggled.

dash faces
Dash entertained us with his faces.

Well, he entertained everyone except his brother:
IMG_4855e
I at least thought it was funny.

6 comments:

  1. A) Cute kids.
    B) Cute puppy.
    C) AMAZING lizard picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the wind chime from below. Great perspective shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun place to go--wish I'd gone there while I was there! PS--I love your hair. Those bangs would last 30 seconds before getting pinned back on me but I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pictures! The first flower one is my favorite though. And that dog...is so cute I would almost consider getting one...but not quite :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark of a GREAT photographer-taking pictures common things from a different viewpoint and making it look beautiful. You are so good Katie! There isn't a picture I don't love! I love your viewpoint of the wind chime (and the captions to go with it--he he).
    And the picture with the frog in the center? Awesome. Took me a while to see it though. I spotted the eye and still thought it was a dew drop or something.
    Looks like fun and again love all the beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I was wondering, what kind of lens did you use to take the pictures of the flowers, I love them:)

    ReplyDelete