Thursday, September 23, 2010

Snug

IMG_0089e
The boys are starting to play (i.e. stare at and occasionally punch) with their toys. A favorite can be found in these little plush animals. Liam has a blue SnugBear.

IMG_0110e
SnugBear makes a happy Liam.

IMG_0095e
Dash has a green... well, we're not sure what it is. There's some funny antennae on top that look like they belong on a giraffe but there's no spots. Plus the snout is kinda big, so we're calling it SnugCow.

IMG_0106e
I guess SnugCow does not always make a happy Dash. Moo.

Since we're talking about how the boys are growing up, let me report their latest stats from their 4 month checkup. As of last week, I have two 25 inch babies. Liam is 14 lb 2 oz and Dash is 13 lb 8 oz. My little men.

They're both getting close to keeping themselves upright (you know, without us holding their torsos in place) while sitting. Practicing means a lot of faces flopping into soft pillows and the like. Dash can now roll over from back to tummy, featured in an attempted escape off the changing table. I'm happy to report he failed. Liam is oh so close to performing the same feat but his penchant for fist sucking always gets his arms in the way from a complete flip once he gets on his side.

I'm really excited for when they will have a little more body control. More often, they protest being on their back and want to be sitting up or standing. And since I only have two arms, much of my day consists of just keeping them upright. I'd much rather take turns doing some more active play with each baby while the other entertains himself. Wonder when that'll be. Better not be too soon because now they can't get away from mama's constant snuggles!

EDIT: Liam rolled over today! Told you he was close :)

2 comments:

  1. They are getting so big! I don't want Christine to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are growing and developing sooo fast! I can't believe that Liam is bigger than Caleb! (Dash is probably about the same size...although, I wouldn't be surprised if he was bigger, too.) It's so fun when they start to play with toys.

    ReplyDelete