Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Double Dose of Cute

When you're having two babies at once and you've never had babies before... you need a baby shower. And that's just what I was given this last weekend. I had the best time with all sorts of friends who were so so so so generous with their ridiculously adorable gifts.

And the moment I plopped down on my chair, any thought of taking a picture flew out of my mind. So I took photos of the gifts after the fact. I did at least get this first food picture from Nicole, who threw my shower, along with Kim. What dear friends!

IMG_0713e

The theme was something like "Ready to Pop." Not that I am ready to pop. I want them to cook for a good while longer. But I do look like this:

IMG_9768e

Yeah, "bursting" would be a good word to describe it. It almost looks fake, how disproportionately large my bulge is, doesn't it? But you know what I love? Look at my bum, it looks down-right petite by comparison!


Okay, okay, back on track.

IMG_9780e

We were given so many cute clothes! All in twos. Here's a pair of onsies with a big animal face on the behind. They make me giggle. And another pair that a girl jazzed up with fabric- so clever!

IMG_9785e

Here's another coordinating pair- aren't baby clothes just darling? I think they'll be even cuter with babies in them.

IMG_9787e

Here's an outfit that isn't so matchy matchy. I think that's a good thing, they'll be coupled together all their lives, they need to develop some individuality!

And I have to start early. Heck, I should be lecturing them on cultivating their unique sense of being from the womb! What have I been doing these last six months?!

People, their burgeoning understanding of their own unique worth depends on ME! I can't help but work myself up! Ack! [pant pant]

IMG_9781e

But it's good to be matchy matchy too. Especially when it's with stripes!

IMG_9268e

And pajamas. Sack pajamas. And footy pajamas.

IMG_9790e

Then there's bibs that speak profound truth. And burp rags that are actually embellished cloth diapers. What a good idea!

IMG_9783e

Mm, and soft blankets. Look, look, twins! Twin animals!

IMG_9789e

We also got a bunch of bathroom stuff- hooded towels, washclothes, lotions and wash solution, and a super handy bath seat thing. Just one seat, I don't think I can handle washing both babies at the same time. One is slippery enough!

IMG_9788e

Feast upon this, homemade letter and number blocks that are nice and soft. I adore them!

IMG_9726e

Someone else made a diaper cake. Have you heard of these? They're new to me. It's lots of rolled up diapers in tiered layers wrapped with ribbon and decorated with fun goodies. I wonder how many diapers we'll go through... no, no, I don't want to think about that.

IMG_9741

Everyone oo-ed and ah-ed over this number: a hand-sewn diaper bag with all sorts of pockets and snaps and zippers. There was much jealousy to be had when I opened this gift! Melissa, the creator, has an etsy store with many of her other delights, check it out!

I can't believe how giving all these ladies were, some of which hardly know me. I'm so touched and grateful. Thank you everyone, you can't believe how much it means to me and how much all this generosity helps!

5 comments:

  1. You should tell your diaper bag friend to put those up on her etsy shop! My sister is expecting... and these are too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katie! What an incredible looking baby shower! You have very talented friends! I'm glad you had a good time and love your new stuff. I'm sure you two must be so busy getting ready for your 2 babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some cute things and I loved your creative take on the pictures of all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Yay for baby showers!! They sure help and people are generous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katie, everything is SO cute! And you look do adorable.

    I'm so very very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete