Monday, March 22, 2010

This little house of mine

I'm ready to let it shine! Per some requests, let me do a little show and tell about our most recent (and most expensive... mm, except Sean's med school education) acquisition.

It's a patio home so the set up of all the surrounding homes is kind of weird and our front entrance isn't the most obvious or grandiose.

IMG_9735e

I don't really mind- all the better to stave off the soliciters! But maybe I we ought to add a little sumpin' sumpin' to make it stand out. Any ideas?

You know what's great? No walls connecting to homes of people who enjoy yelling matches and have the cops called on them to break up the many domestic disturbances. Joy!

IMG_9745e

There's beautiful hardwood floors in the living room/dining room and hall. Ha, you should see Pogo slide back and forth as she chases her ball. There's a fireplace that I'm SURE we'll use daily. The walls all have a nice non-white paint coat that will work just fine for all the places we decide not to paint. The windows are super huge and let it lots of light!

Oh yeah, for some reason I decided not to turn the lights on. Let's say I was being more environmentally conscious. Yeah, woo earth!

IMG_9740e

Such a pretty kitchen! With tile floors and backsplash! The stove and dishwasher are brand spankin' new, to boot! I think the walls need a little color though, don't you think?

IMG_9768e

It's a three bedroom house- I know, master bedroom, kids' room, AND an office/spare bedroom. Talk about spacious! Ohhh, I'm so excited to finally be able to decorate for the boys. Right now, I'm thinking a slate blue wall, I think that'd look so good with the white trim and dark wood furniture. But we're still in the planning stages.

IMG_9755e

There's two bathrooms, just like our apartment, but, ah, they're so much bigger. See that counterspace? That brings me glory. No longer will Sean have to crane over me to try and do his tie while I take up the whole mirror putting on my makeup, or whatnot. Space is highly underrated.

IMG_9779e

And we get a garage! And you know what else goes in that garage? Yes, cars, but something else too. A washer and dryer! Our very own laundry! No more quarters, no more broken machines that eat my money and leave my clothes soapy and wet, no more saving up for a big load of laundry to maximize our money's worth.

Can you hear them? The choir of angels? I think they're singing the hallelujah chorus. I think I'm in heaven.

Can you imagine having to do coin-operated laundry with twin infants? Shudder


There's a little taste of our beautiful, stately mansion. If you want to see more, come on over!

11 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I'm looking forward to our residency days when (maybe) we'll get our own place. :) Congratulations! What a great space to raise a couple of adorable boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoooOOOoo! So cute. I love the hardwood floors and paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, this made me kinda sick. We are light years away from home ownership because Boston costs a fortune! We definitely pay a hefty mortgage payment a month in RENT! I can't even imagine having a spacious bathroom, much less 2 of them!

    I am very excited for you though! That's so fun that you have your own place to decorate and do your nesting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! We definitely need to have a Lost/House warming party. ;) So you guys have already moved out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice! All the most important things are gorgeous...the floors, the appliances. I'm so excited for you! The paint colors are great too for being ones you didn't pick out. You will be thanking your lucky stars when those babies are born and you have your own washer and dryer FOR SURE :-)! I can't wait to see it with your stuff in it. I might just have to see it for myself and meet those babies when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very nice, light and pretty! I think any color in the kitchen would make it pop - red or green, maybe?
    I like your boys' decor colors too!

    I think you and the boys will be instantly popular in your new ward. Babies have that effect - times two!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I'm excited to see it in real life. Make sure you let us know when you need help moving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fancy place you got there, lucky, lucky you. Can't wait to see it in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the floors/windows/kitchen (I have to agree with the color green mentioned above. But most anything would work with the white cubboards). I think the slate blue walls with dark wood furniture sounds gorgeous! Beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow. i am trying not to be jealous. now i won't be able to spy on you anymore through the fence. dang. congrats!! i'm excited to see it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally jealous, but super excited for you!! Congrats! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete