Friday, June 19, 2015

Twins Turning Five- Star Wars Party!

IMG_4081e
Back in May, the twins turned five!

IMG_4086e
On their actual birthday, they got to have cake for breakfast, since we knew Sean would be home with much time to do it in the evening (except he was able to get out a little early, which was awesome). That's a good way to start you special day, eh?


Being sung to.

IMG_4107e
We opened presents, like their Star Wars Lego kits, a Lego Star Wars Wii game, and a Peter Pan book with tickets to see the play.

IMG_4092e
We did other fun things that day though I truly can't remember exactly what. They definitely spent a long time working on Legos, their first real kit. They've since aquired a few more kits and work on them daily.

IMG_4116e
Have you caught on to the fact that Liam and Dash love Star Wars? A couple months ago, Sean just really wanted to watch Star Wars with them, so I acquiesced. And an obsession was born. So a Star Wars party a few days after their birthday was natural, even if none of their guests had seen the movies.

IMG_4114e
I haven't ever done a big party like this for my kids, in the past it was just playing as a family or doing a glorified play date with cupcakes. I figured turning five qualified for something a bit more grand.

IMG_4113e
But I was not a born party planner. It totally stresses me out. For a week leading up to the party, it was all I could think about. The day of the party, I was just zipping from one thing to the other, hardly able to focus.


IMG_4112e
I was getting ready even when friends started arriving. I quick snapped some photos of the set up and realized I hadn't made the punch yet, ha!

IMG_4119e
Light saber cupcakes!

IMG_4122e
So after consuming our Star Wars meal, we began Jedi Training! After donning their brown padawan robes (if so desired), they designed their own R2 unit.

IMG_4127e
The next step was Pinning the Lightsaber on Yoda.

IMG_4130e
Right on target!

IMG_4139e
Grey thought it was just funny to walk around blindfolded.

IMG_4142e
Unphotographed was our attempt to defeat the Death Star by throwing a Death Star ball through the tire swing. Then we competed our training by working with lightsabers to fight Stormtrooper balloons. All successfully learned to use the Force and became Jedi!

liam dash 5th birthday invitation censored
Then we did presents (everyone gave such perfect gifts) and cupcakes and called it good. As crazy as it was for me to plan and setup, I think the kids had a grand time. Now I'm going to wait a few more years before we do another big party!

No comments:

Post a Comment