Monday, June 1, 2015

Mount Rushmore

IMG_3626e
As mentioned, we took a detour on our way to Colorado, by way of Mount Rushmore. Visiting this place is one of my earlier memories- just a fuzzy few seconds of driving around the corner and seeing faces on the mountain. Something so obviously critical to my childhood must be shared with my own kids, right?

IMG_3628e
My four dudes with the stony four dudes.

IMG_3630e
Liam wanted me in the photo.

IMG_3637e
Then Dash wanted a turn with the camera. Grey did too but I don't think any actual photos were taken.

IMG_3638e
A kind passerby volunteered to do one of us all. I neglected to compensate for my belly shadow.

IMG_3647e
Onward we stroll.

IMG_3652e
On the way we noticed the Colorado and Illinois flags reaching toward each other. It made Sean and I look at each other all doe-eyed.

IMG_3655e
Mr. Washington

IMG_3657e
Mr. Jefferson

IMG_3659e
Mr. Roosevelt

IMG_3661e
Mr. Lincoln

IMG_3662e
Kids thought it was cool. For a couple weeks after, Grey would spot a sculpture and proclaim, "presdents!"

IMG_3688e
The visitor's center was fun, the boys liked pretending to explode dynamite, and the cloudy weather rolled in as we were finishing up. Not a bad road trip pit stop.

IMG_3692e
Quite a presidential profile, wouldn't you say?

1 comment:

  1. You guys did the thing! Love it--what a fun and memorable stop!

    ReplyDelete