Friday, June 26, 2015

Art-A-Whirl

IMG_4160e
I had heard about Art-A-Whirl recently, a weekend where art studios in Minneapolis open their doors to the public, so we gave it a go.

IMG_4166e
It was fun to see the different art styles and mediums and I think even the kids thought some of it was cool. The interactive stuff was always their favorite, of course.

IMG_4191e
Since the studios are spread all over the city, I researched what would be the mostly likely places for us to enjoy, narrowing down to two corridors. We'd take the free trolley from one to the other.

IMG_4184e
Except, the trolley only came every half hour or so without a posted schedule. So after waiting a while and getting very hungry, we decided to just walk and see if we could snag food along the way.

IMG_4177e
The trolley passed us a few minutes in, of course. And there was no food to be found.

IMG_4187e
But I got to take some time to practice my own art and snag some portraits of my cuties.

IMG_4197e
But then we found some snacks. And some kind people gave us balloons. And another kind soul offered to take our family photo. And we DID get to take the trolley back to our car after we explored the second corridor and got some tasty egg rolls. I give Art-A-Whirl a thumbs up but will be happier to do it again when not pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment