Friday, November 14, 2014

North Side of the Lake

IMG_0232e
As October grows old, the lower my weather expectations dive. I'm talking winter coats by Halloween. So when we were gifted a little pocket of warmth in the month's penultimate week, I just wanted to soak in it.

IMG_0223e
One way we did so was visiting the north side of a lake which we've heretofore only known by it's bottom rim thanks to it's beach and playground. That resulted in this treasured series of photos (especially since there's now been snow on the ground for five days) and my new favorite photograph (can you pick which one?).

IMG_0203e
First, we started with leaf tossing (Grey got to the tossing part... eventually...)

IMG_0212e
Then the older boys wanted to try their hand with the camera. First Dash...

IMG_0211e
Then Liam.

IMG_0409e
We walked a little trail and were silly.

IMG_0239e
Then we approached the lake.

IMG_0246e
Next, everyone...

IMG_0248e
...got a turn...

IMG_0251e
...throwing rocks.

IMG_0255e
"Mommy, where are more rocks? I want more to throw."

IMG_0374e
I got to sit back, watch, and contemplate (nice capture, Dash!). What did I contemplate?

IMG_0260e
Those big beautiful clouds.

IMG_0330e
The sun (as reflected in the water).

IMG_0296e
Life.

IMG_0267e
And these most spectacular, cute, sweet, smart, wondrous boys. If you guessed that this is my new favorite photo, you'd be so very right. Sigh, I love them.


1 comment:

  1. You can tell that your boys are truly FRIENDS! It is such a special bond and you capture it magnificently.

    ReplyDelete