Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Folks in Maine

36 IMG_1289e
My parents recently went on a trip to Maine, one of my very favorite places in the world. And they didn't take me! Hmph. They're always supposed to take me (whoops, was that the Spoiled Youngest Child in me coming out?). But they did send me photos, which I sighed at with longing. I'm going to share, because I love my daddy's photos. In fact, my favorite photo ever was one my dad took of the ocean off the coast of Maine- the water looked of liquid metal and the color was so deep and mmm, it was perfect.

40 photo 4e
The one time I've witnessed the Northern Lights was in this sky. We were standing on the dock down the road and noticed a bit of color in the darkness. Then it grew and moved and awed us. Amazing.

12 IMG_1265e
This is my favorite spot, period. Sitting on the rocks, water rushing in and out, reading a book or just taking it all in. It's dreamy just to think about.

19 IMG_1273e
Sigh.

IMG_1302e
This was a driving trip, so they also stopped in D.C. Hey, Linc!

IMG_1306e
And another stop in Savannah. I don't think trees come any cooler than this.

4 Lee & Susane
Just so you know, mom and dad, next time you go to Maine, I AM COMING.

No comments:

Post a Comment