Thursday, August 7, 2014

Straw Berries

IMG_6625e
We picked strawberries! It wasn't even on my radar until a friend (usually when I say "a friend," it's Shara. Though not always) posted a photo of her family's adventure. And she told me the season was closing the next day! So next morning, we went!

IMG_6610e
The tractor ride was probably the kids' favorite part of the whole experience.

IMG_6628e
We were shown our row of plants and got to picking.

IMG_6615e
Or in Grey's case, eating.

IMG_6644e
Honestly, they were all kind of helpless when it came to finding strawberries, no matter how many ways I showed them to move the leaves aside. So they mostly waited for other people to fill their basket.

IMG_6657e
And magically, a basket load of berries!

IMG_6659e
Then I used our overabundance of strawberries as an excuse to make cheesecake. I'd call that a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment