Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Backyard Camping

IMG_7408e
Sean loves camping. I like it too, excepting the part where I don't get to shower in the morning. Solution: backyard camping!

IMG_7346e
After grilling some hamburgers (and topped it with a slice of pineapple- delicious!), we kept the burner going to toast some marshmallows. What else are you going to do without a fire pit? Honestly, it was probably better- they were never tempted to stick the mallow right in the fire. I'm not a fan or the burnt exterior, unmelted interior.

IMG_7381e
Then, smores!

IMG_7352e
It really is one of my favorite desserts.

IMG_7391e
Grey obviously agrees.

IMG_7322e
Camping is incomplete without a little campsite serenade. Sean sat on his birthday hammock with his birthday guitar bought with his birthday money. He's learning really fast, I must say.

IMG_7334e
Though Sean's serenade quickly turned into a toddler serenade.

IMG_7336e
Which turned into a toddler tackle.

IMG_7320e
Then it was tent time, which the kids thought was the coolest and funnest. They were all tucking themselves into the sleeping bags.

IMG_7429e
The kids got to stay up late watching the a movie in the tent. When they started to get antsy around 10pm we decided to put Grey up in his room with the monitor in with us.

IMG_7417e
Sean hadn't been feeling terribly well and the stifled air of the tent wasn't helping, so he decided to sleep out on the hammock. Liam and Dash fell asleep at some point before 11pm. It took me ages to fall asleep. Then Dash smacked me awake in the AM to point out the tiny glimmer of sunlight. So that sleep wasn't very successful. But Sean let me continue my sleep inside, so that helped.

IMG_7433e
I wasn't the only one tired. And yes, I always take a picture when Liam or Dash take a nap, it's such a rare sight.

IMG_7438e
Less rare, but well deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment