Tuesday, April 2, 2013

You Sunk My Battleship

Yesterday, I left you to wonder about our next adventure at the State Park. My friends, it was this:
IMG_8993E
To quote my sons: "SHIIIIIIIIIIIP! BOOOOOOOOOAT!"

IMG_8851e
Meet Battleship Texas. Open for tours.

IMG_8866e
But when we arrived, their computer systems had just called it quits- they were only taking cash. Sean didn't have quite enough for tickets. I had enough except I had left my bag in the car... 20 minutes away. So the rest of us waited while Sean hustled back to the car.

IMG_8873e
Someone was a little grumpy about it.

IMG_8878e
Dash contented himself by watching the other boats in the shipyard.

IMG_8880e
Liam finally cheered up when he started his bird imitations.

IMG_8893e
They quite enjoyed tracing these letters. Except when they fought over the same letter.

IMG_8897e
Liam was getting so impatient that we had to go look. Luckily Sean appeared just then.

IMG_8903e
Onto the boat we went. My boys, the gunners.

IMG_8911e
There were cannon shells stacked all over the place. Watch where you step.

IMG_8913e
Lots of hand holding on this boat. Way too many sheer dropoffs and sudden stairways. Definitely built for sailors, not tourists. In fact, I may have had a minor (ahem, major) panic attack as we started climbing steep stairs with only a thin rail in high winds. It seemed way too easy for a little toddler to just slip right off. I made us go back down.

IMG_8928e
This cracks me up, obedient Liam standing there when Daddy asked for a picture.

IMG_8935e
That's more like it.

IMG_8944e
I think the floors may need a new coat of paint.

IMG_8956e
But at least it's clean!

IMG_8940e
We were really surprised how free we were to explore. Most of the bedrooms were closed off but otherwise, you could crawl all around to all levels.

IMG_8950e
And crawl around they did.

IMG_8972E
Even took a little nap on one of the many bunks scattered all around the hallways.

IMG_8987E
Look at the size of that anchor chain.

IMG_8862e
Battleship Texas, I recommend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the editing you did on these...perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete