Friday, April 19, 2013

From 6 to 7

IMG_9862e
Little Man is 7 months tomorrow! Oh and BY THE WAY we got his stats a MONTH ago so I may as well finally tell you FINALLY. When he was six months, he was 17.5" tall (72%) and 16 lb 9 oz (34%). Where'd my chunker go? And anyway, where'd my baby go- he's been learning so much! Let's see...

He's a star sitter, I can leave him at any point and be relatively confident he won't smack his head. So different from his brothers when I had to hover around them for months.

Eating! We tried some vegetables for a bit but he would just gag-face the whole time. So we took a break over a few days (by which I mean that I, ahem, forgot. What? He didn't like it, it wasn't a priority! Stop judging). We we tried again, he ate the whole container! And he has every day since. As long as it's orange. No green vegetables, no sir.

He has TWO teeth. The first popped on the 12th, the second was yesterday the 18th. I think I may stop letting him suck on my chin now.

SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Woot woot! He did it on his own a few months ago but it was a fluke. Then we did it again a couple days after he started eating his vegetables. So Sean and I decided to keep it going. We let him cry a bit the next night with a couple binky/lovin' checks and he was back asleep in just 15 minutes. Nothing for the rest of the night. Since then, there's been various amounts of waking (nothing terrible) and we haven't had to feed him during the night. So he gets about 12 hours at night and it's BEAUTIFUL.

Now he's a Two-A-Day Napper. This came about by his complete and utter refusal to take a third nap. And if he did, it would last a minute. Literally. A minute. Luckily his awake time was lengthening too so we made it work. Sometimes he takes a third if he woke up too early in the morning and one of his regular naps wasn't good, but it takes work to get him down. The two naps are usually pretty good, 1.5 hours ish. He sleeps terribly anywhere besides his crib though. In the car seat, stroller, held, never more than 30 minutes of sleep. Church is sure tricky.

Child does not want to stay in one spot for long. It's hard to get through my morning workout if I don't get to it before he wakes up (and let's face it, the workout needs to happen because this baby weight is not budging. I think my body is trying to prepare for hibernation).

A bit of separation anxiety is creeping in over the last couple days. Usually when Sean or I leave his line of sight, the crying begins. Sometimes he'll get really sad while Sean's holding him and can see me, only perking up when I snatch him. Do we have a Mama's Boy on our hands?

Poor kid looks so scared when he poops now. With all this non-milk food, he's not just passing goop. I hope he gets used to it soon?

Wants so bad to scoot but so far only spins or goes backward. Soon enough.

IMG_9869e
People say it's better to have twins first so you don't realize how hard you have it, raising two at once. Well, I knew it was hard. All twin moms know they have it harder. I think the benefit of having twins first is that having a subsequent singleton is just such a treat. "Ah, so this is what 'easier' is like." I went on a walk with Grey the other day, just him and me. That hasn't happened before. It was calm and sweet. And I got a glimpse at what it would be like to have just one baby. I was a mother of one for eleven minutes before I was a mother of two. So it was a weird feeling to walk down the street and just focus on this one babe. It felt so simple. I love my busy life with my three energy generators (aka little boys), but of course a little simplicity now and then does a mommy good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm super impressed you work out!! Especially before your baby wakes up! Mad props to you!!

    Olivia would cry when she pooped for a while too. So sad :( Prunes of course help, but peaches are great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought of prunes or peaches- great idea!

      And I work out so I can look in the mirror again. I have roughly the ads or a 60 year old. All droop and no tone. Boo.

      Delete