Thursday, August 30, 2012

Not quite stories

1. It's funny to see which words the boys will snatch out of our sentences and repeat. My favorite so far is "nostril." Less funny is how some words are pronounced. Guess how Liam shortens the word firetruck. You'll have to figure it out, I'm not going to tell you. Also suspicious sounding is "sit," "seat," and "shirt." I just hope they don't drop any bombs at church...

2. Skyping is still a weekly ritual. Sometimes though when we first connect with Sean's family, they sound... well, they sound like squirrels.
And it is sooo funny!

3. Sean finished his Sub-I! Despite the hours, Sean enjoyed it. There was a little boy who had gotten a G-tube inserted but after noticing some signs, Sean discovered that the boy had a life-threateningly low hemoglobin count. Thanks to Sean, that boy is alive. I could tell that day how proud and honored Sean was to have helped in such a way.

It wasn't too bad for us at home, either. Because I knew it was going to be a yucky schedule, it didn't seem so awful whilst in the middle of it. Plus, the crazy call schedule at least added some variety. We were all looking forward to an easier Neurology rotation. We all had to take a hard swallow, then, when Sean started work on Monday at 8am and wasn't done until 8pm. At least he's assured he'll get two days off when the baby's born. So much for taking it easy while Sean has more time to help.

4. It's so wonderfully fun to teach the boys new games. Sean and the boys have a blast playing Hide and Seek:
Their favorite part is the start of the search- sometimes their excitement in finding dad is a little lackluster. We also just started playing Red Light Green Light, which they think is awesome. Though the idea of suddenly stopping still mystifies them. Had they been drivers, their licenses would have been taken away long ago.

5. I've never been this pregnant before. Were this my first pregnancy, I would have delivered (by induction) a week ago. That's bizarre. And I'm tired. Oh how tiresome is the last month of pregnancy. Things falling on the floor is the bane of my current existence. I should get one of those grabber hand things. Yeah, that's a great idea! Someone bring me a grabber hand!

6. I got things all set up to make a yummy dessert together as a family. We put all the ingredients mixed, got the blondies cooked, and cooled the dessert. I had just finished drizzling on chocolate before I scampered over to the recipe to make sure there weren't any more steps. Just as I looked back, there was Liam, reaching up to the Pyrex dish. My very urgent "no!" went unheeded and down came the dish. And how it did crash. Glass spread to every corner of the kitchen. At least there were no injuries. But we didn't get a single bite of that glass-dusted dessert. Such a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment