Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What Are You?

IMG_0093e
(Note: (1) I got my hair cut that day, I cannot curl my hair to look like that to save my life, (2) I shouldn't hold my hands like that, it looks like I'm just squishing belly fat together, (3) I can't find my maternity clothes! Agh! I am very much in need of them NOW. Where did I hide them?)

TODAY TODAY TODAY we find out the gender of our baby! Yay!!!! Any guesses?

Sean is leaning towards boy, and me? I guess I'm leaning towards girl. Probably because the birth order for the first three children on both Sean and my side goes boy, boy, girl (just the fourth kid [me] is different). And both those third-in-the-line-up girls are awesome, so it'd be cool to have a girl be our third. But so would a boy! (do I really have to even mention that? I obviously already love me some baby boys)

Oh, did you just ask how I'm feeling? How kind of you to care! The nausea and tiredness are subsiding (although, I think I'm just getting used to feeling tired all the time). My headaches, like I've mentioned before, are in full gear- it's a blessed day when I don't have to take any Tylenol. Some other symptoms as follows:
  • Feeling the baby move! I first felt the babe right after my last appointment, about a month ago. I was really concentrating on detecting movement and thought a felt some flutters in the right area. I did the same thing every day with the same result, so I figured it was really the baby. Then it's just grown and become more frequent. I always feel it move when I'm sitting or laying down and Sean's been able to as well! What was fun with the twins' pregnancy, I'd feel lots of movement because there was twice as much going on, but I couldn't really decipher who was doing what. So what's fun with this pregnancy, I can really grasp what movement the baby's doing to cause what I feel- if I feel bumps on opposite sides, I know he/she is doing an wicked kick-punch move.
  • Drool. Just like last time, I cannot stop myself from drooling the instant I drift toward sleep. Super ridiculous. And wet. Gross.
  • Light sleeping. My goodness, I just wake up at anything. Sean mumbles? I'm awake. Pogo rustles her dog bed? I'm awake. The neighbor dog barks? I'm awake. And of course I have to pee. It's become something of note if I wake up and realize I slept through the night. I think I need sleep training.
The whole crew is going to be at the ultrasound, so I hope Liam and Dash will do alright.
IMG_0054e
I'm sure they'll be on their tip-toes again to see their new sibling on the screen. Oh we can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. Yay...I am giddy with anticipation for you guys! I will be checking back all day I am afraid. You are looking fantastic and hopefully you are out of the headache phase soon. Mine stopped all 3 pregnancies around 20 weeks so hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear! I was convinced Preston was another girl and thought having 3 all the same would be so fun...oh, the coordinating outfits :-)! Of course, now I love that I have at least one of each because they truly are different. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Earlier I was thinking girl but today I thought boy...still I'll vote girl! And I drool too. Glad you are feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing girl! So excited to find out! I totally get the headaches, they are awful!!! I have multiple headaches almost every week, but when I was pregnant, it was HORRIBLE!!! They are life sucking. I'm so sorry:( I can't believe you felt movement so early! How cool! Lastly, you do NOT look like you are squishing belly fat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great. You do not look like you are squishing belly fat. Good luck finding the pregnancy clothes! I thought all of mine were kind of ugly so maybe you'll be blessed into being forced into shopping for more :) And lastly, I'm still guessing girl! Just hoping to even things out a little bit more over there :)

    ReplyDelete