Friday, April 20, 2012

Colors and Shapes

I think it's so funny how most of the words in my kids vocabulary consists of letters and colors and (some) numbers. They know what all sorts of things are called - they always know what I'm talking about - but they just don't say them much. They've actually started indicating things by their color. Especially their drink cups. They're very helpful descriptors, after all. So here's Dash and Liam showing their color and shape know-how.
Pretty awesome, right? He's so good, he thinks it's funny to get them purposely wrong, like at the beginning of the video. I think all the colors they know are on that puzzle. In case you couldn't hear any of them, here's how they pronounce each one:
Rrrrruh = red
Ohhh-rah = orange
Ya-ya / La-la = yellow
Gnnn = green
Boo = blue
Puh-puh = purple
Puh = pink
Wwwwwah = white
Kack = black
Bouw = brown

Here's Liam doing some colors and shapes:
It's great how I'm teaching them that a pentagon is actually called a hexagon. Sheesh. I guess he just recognized the "-gon" part. But that's pretty darn great, isn't it? My kids are such smarties.

No comments:

Post a Comment